Here you will get a complete guide about cloud computing. Our world has come through an age of intense transformation and evolution. The journey has not been easy, but the result has been fascinating and extraordinary. Today, the roots of technology have spread a lot and can develop on its own. Thus we have super-intelligent machines whose intellect is far beyond the imagination of human intelligence. Now, there is no need to write down records on a piece of paper, and we can jot them down on our devices. No more does the trouble of letters and post offices bother us as the same earth, which was once ruled by nature, has been handed over to the empire of science and technology. Advancements in science reign supreme in our world. Its realm is terrific, and so are its products.
However, the entire world of technology will instantly collapse without the Data, which is the backbone of the world. No business can be completed without the aid of information. The power of information and data has expanded heavily, so much that the present time is known as the “Information age.” Accessibility of organized Data is the reason that infinite information flows freely over the internet. Just wonder for a moment that what would happen if the network of data gets damaged or the information is present in a chaotic form. Markets would crumple, and businesses will shatter away.
Moreover, the whole world will come to a sudden halt, and maybe, the sudden panic might devastate it. Now, you might be able to imagine the might of data and the need for its presence. But the amount of data in this world is unimaginable. We can’t even think of storing it in a huge storage device. And even if it does, we will not have the machine required to manipulate it. In such a case, the only solution is to break the data into numerous parts and store it in different places. This is where “Cloud computing” enters our world.
You all might have heard that there is no such thing as free lunch. And it’s probably the truth we face daily. However, there are no grounds for the statement that there is no such thing as free computing. What we cannot preserve on our machines can be stored on another one. Even if the other machine is not ours, it will still work. I don’t mean hacking someone other’s device. The other machine refers to the enormous servers that are reachable by all. Think of cloud computing as a parking lot where anyone can ‘Store’ their car. Similarly, cloud computing helps you to park your precious data at a suitable place on the web.
What is cloud computing?
Our devices and machines have a limited volume of storage space. And in earlier times, the only way to work smoothly was to keep some space free to park the necessary data. But if the storage location got filled up, there was no way to accumulate more data. But as time changed, additional storage devices entered our world. Then came the online storage providers. They were a boon to all. Without the use of hardware, people could store their data over the internet. And the data was available to them all the time. They could use it at any time they wanted, whether day or night, evening or afternoon. Thus, they could use the computer resources that using the internet. They do not require getting their own hardware or software. The web services are allowing them to keep their data safe in some other place. This is the core concept of Cloud computing.
In simple words, it means keeping data in the data centers provided by commercial service or free service providers. It keeps the information in the appropriate format in its data centers. Whenever you ask or retrieve your data, it transfers it to your system or data center via the internet. Thus, you can store your data and keep it usable even when your system does not have the required storage space to run it properly. Or, if we want to comprehend the simplicity, then cloud computing is any service provided over the internet. According to the formal definitions, cloud computing is the delivery of different services over the internet. Though the definition looks simple, it covers a vast story behind it.
Different types of cloud computing
The world of cloud computing is so vast that it has evolved a lot to create different rooms under one roof over time. With the number of users increasing every second, it has become essential to make cloud computing suitable for varying purposes. Sometimes, we want to accumulate a massive audience in a single group. But at times, you might also want to keep the data safe and out of reach of intriguers. In such a case, keeping the server open for all the users will undoubtedly present a hectic problem. And to face this problem, we have to make a private cloud system. And to become helpful in every situation, there are many types of cloud computing. They have been listed and explained below:
1. Public cloud
As the name suggests, this division of cloud computing is available to a huge number of users. There aren’t many restrictions to utilize it. It is highly cost-effective as you are not the only one who uses it. You have to pay each time you use it. But as we know, keep a diamond in an open street, and a street fight will surely start. And we know that a chain is as strong as its weakest link. Your data is not encrypted or safe. Anyone using that cloud system can access your data. Still, an impaired worker will always blame his tools.
Similarly, you should not blame the cloud service provider. Instead, realize that these systems are open and keep your data safe by encrypting it. The public clouds are the ones we usually use as Amazon and Microsoft.
2. Private cloud
You might be able to guess that this cloud type does not give access to everyone. Only some users with authorized permission can enter the cloud. In this cloud system, the level of safety is highest, and data can be left unattended. The service provider can use the cloud to collaborate with their team while keeping the intriguers out. But due to the need to create the cloud, the cost of private clouds is high. But if you long for the safety and privacy, the cloud is the best option.
3. Hybrid cloud
The word hybrid means a combination of some elements. The same applies to the hybrid clouds. While using it, you can avail the benefits of both private and public clouds. A hybrid cloud is a fusion of both the previous clouds. You can keep the number of users low. This will help you ensure safety and help you work remotely, which is challenging to do in private clouds. Surprisingly, hybrid clouds are cheaper than even public clouds, and additionally, they provide a reasonable limit of safety.
4. Community cloud
This is highly useful for various organizations who thrive due to one another, which means that organizations help each other or work together. Two or more different groups that can use the community cloud are moving forward towards an identical goal. Because of the feature bringing together other groups together while keeping the unwanted “Weeds” out of the cloud, the protection of data inside the cloud is ensured. Thus, the community cloud can be called a product of all other cloud types.
The evolution of such a vast number of services in cloud computing has made it convenient to use them in countless situations. However, you should always put your best foot forward. It means that you should use the cloud that suits your requirements. If data is the king, you should go for a private cloud, and if the cost is the driver, you must go for a hybrid cloud.
How to stay safe while using cloud computing?
As discussed before, every type of cloud has its own benefits and potential threats. In some cases, your data is visible to innumerable users. But other times, it is just confined to a group of users whom you trust. Still, to be on the safer side, you can use the following methods.
- Trust – Use the cloud services that are provided by the users whom you trust. There are thousands of companies out there. Some of them are credible, while others are just a scam. So, use only those clouds that you trust.
- Passwords – Being the gatekeeper of your data, passwords have to be powerful. They must be lengthy with good use of symbols and letters, and numbers.
- Terms – Before using a cloud service, you should check its terms and conditions. For instance, some clouds retain your data even if you leave them. If you find any wrong word, then you should not join the cloud.
Who can benefit from cloud computing?
Cloud computing has not been designed for the use of a particular group. Still, some people can enjoy most of the features and benefits of cloud computing.
- Businesses – Businessmen are admired if they can save money. Moreover, they have to achieve the required milestone. Both the targets can be achieved by cloud computing. Furthermore, the time to complete the operations is reduced, and communication between different departments gets quick. Additionally, the sharing of data is another benefit.
- Professionals – Professionals like attorneys, accountants, etc., have to store a vast amount of data. They might not be able to keep it on their own system. Therefore, by using another data center, they can store the desired data without using their own hardware and software.
- Reviewers – Many people are in the profession of using different services and giving feedback to their creators. For this, they will require a massive amount of storage space. It might not be possible on their devices. Thus, to combat this difficulty, the best way is to use cloud computing.
- Common people – The problem of limited space is faced by many people and not only businessmen or professionals. Even the students face it. Therefore, cloud computing proves to be a magic of science in this case.
Benefits of Cloud computing
Cloud computing has made it a lot easier to use your data while preventing it from exhausting your storage space. But this is not the only benefit. There are more:
- Lesser time – Because of the ability to bring everyone under one roof, the time to get your work done is reduced drastically.
- Backups, the best safety – Once you link your data to cloud computing, a backup is created in the process. If you store the data on your device and get lost, it is still safe in the data center.
- Cost-effective – Because you don’t have to buy additional hardware or software, you don’t have to spend your hard-earned money on them. Thus, the cost of storing your data is brought down.
- Competition – Your decision to not use cloud computing won’t stop your rivals from using it. It will be used by them, and they will get a competitive edge over you. The reduced expenses and increased revenue will lead to higher profits. Hence, if you don’t want to be left behind, you need to use cloud computing.
Disadvantages of cloud computing
- Threat – Your data is not entirely safe on the clouds. Other users might misuse it. Thus, your data might be in the wrong hands. Don’t forget, be slow in choosing and slower in changing.
- Internet – Cloud computing is entirely based on the web. Hence, if the server goes down or internet service is stopped, your cloud will collapse.
- Problems – Because of such a high number of users, it is trouble for the service provider to address all customer’s issues.
- Limited users – Some clouds have the number of users that are specified to them. If that number is reached, then to enter the cloud, you have to make additional payments. It might exhaust your money if done repeatedly.
There are many miracles of science that you might be using every day but can be unaware of. And cloud computing is one of them. Making your life easier, this is the foundation of the whole realm of the web. It is the way data is stored, optimized, and manipulated. Making clouds and data centers by yourself can be costly. But fortunately, this can be overcome by using the public clouds that are open to all. But it is not safe, and your data might be with some intriguer. And we know that an ounce of protection is worth a pound of cure. Therefore, you should testify the safety of service and hen only use it. If this is not done, you might be done more harm than good. Remember, appearances can be deceptive. Trust a cloud-only after thoroughly checking it. Your precious and loved data is at stake. But don’t join a cloud to prevent it. If so, you have already entered the trap, and we know that curiosity killed the cat. Thus, the best cloud will be the one that will meet your conditions and make your work easier. Just believe and go for it. Who knows that a new chapter of your life is going to unfold.
Some catchy taglines
The same earth, which was once ruled by nature, has been handed over to the empire of science and technology
Advancements in science reign supreme in our world
Our devices and machines have a limited volume of storage space
In simple words, it means keeping data in the data centres that are provided by commercial service or free service providers
you can store your data and keep it usable even when your system does not have the required storage space to run it properly
public cloud is available to a massive number of users
Private cloud does not give access to everyone. Only some users with authorized permission can enter the cloud
Hybrid clouds can avail the benefits of both private and public clouds
The community cloud can be used by two or more different groups moving forward towards an identical goal.
Use the cloud services that are provided by the users whom you trust
If a cloud keeps on installing some files or software on your system, then you must be attentive
the time to get your work done is reduced drastically
you don’t have to spend your hard-earned money on additional hardware and software
your data might be in the wrong hands
, if the server goes down or internet service is stopped, your cloud will collapse
An ounce of protection is worth a pound of cure.