Well understanding the term Resume is a little bit scaring so clear it before going ahead. A Resume is a well-formatted document commonly used in the internship and job process. It contains your background information and education information, which helps the company to hire interested candidates—usually, a resume used for a quick review for interested Employees. The company hires an Employee who will fulfill the demands of the company. If you want to apply for a job, the Resume is an essential part.
In the top Multi-National Companies, there are lakhs of resumes submitted per month. So this the prominent reason where the hiring manager not able to read all the details carefully. They read the details roughly and after choose some candidates for the interview. So don’t create a large resume. Try to cover all the details on one single page.
Most of the resume gets rejected because the hiring manager will spend an average time usually less than 10-20 seconds. Every company read a resume to get a rough preview of the job seeker.
If you are confused about how to create a resume? Let’s read further, here we are going to guide you on everything about how to create an attractive resume.
How to create a professional resume?
You can create your own Resume with Microsoft word. You need to spend days and after spending this much time. There is no guaranty that your resume looks attractive for Jobs. In online, there are many websites available that offer a resume template by charging fees or even free also.
The hiring manager is attracted to a well-formatted resume. The first is to qualify the resume in the company. In the company, many resumes are participating for the jobs. So the competition is very high. Think something different don’t copy others resumes available on the internet. Write your own words that make perfect your resume for hiring you.
Many companies are asking why to hire you. You have to give a unique answer. For Example, I have written in my resume Fast learner that makes me attractive as compare to many people who participated.
Before making a resume first study about that company where you apply for the jobs and after what are the industries looking for?
First, understand Industries’ needs. You can make a different version resume to target a particular company. For Example, if you are applying to an IT company as a python programmer job. You can highlight your project and if you experience in python. To get this Job becomes easy for you. There are easy steps to follow for an attractive resume for making a high salary.
The First Step is to Choose a suitable resume format for your field. There are three types of resume format: chronological, Functional, Combination.
Don’t confuse, which is better for you. Most of the professionals are using a chronological resume format that is the most popular, so we suggest you use this format.
Select the right font for your resume
Font also matters for a resume easy to read font style is the best choice. Font size is 10 to 15 for normal words, and the title is 15 to 20 not more than 22. It looks worst.
Large companies have an ATS (Application Tracking System), which will automatically collect the keywords for the Job. Suppose you did not write that keyword on the resume. Your efforts get loss. Before applying for the Jobs read the company requirement, role, work experience, the company already given keywords in their description read carefully and research. Make your resume for the company where you get fit in the company and mention all the keywords.
The Important Resume Guide Sections are as follows:
1.Personal Details and Contact Information
The contact information must be placed at the top, and the information like email id, mobile No, etc. were the company contact for an interview.
The information is in these sections as:
- Photo: Select that photo on your resume where you wear simply a shirt or Bleasure if possible. Don’t insert a cool photo because it is not a good idea.
- Full Name: your full name
- Title: you can write your professional title for getting a desirable job—for Example, Digital marketing specialist, Software Developer, etc. according to your field.
- Mobile Number: mention a mobile that available when the company call.
- Email Address: also mention email id for getting the updates.
- Links to the online portfolio like Linkedin Profile or other
- Linkedin is crucial for building a profile and get Jobs easily by making connections to the people who work in a company. So you can mention the LinkedIn profile link. Link all the social media accounts into LinkedIn.
- Websites or Blogs: if you have any bloggers or websites you can mention. It shows your online presence.
- Don’t do unprofessional things in the resume like many people are mention, I am 21year old and my date of birth is 22.07.1998. this doesn’t seem right this makes a negative impact on your profile. The hiring manager does not need your age. How old you are. He only wants to know what works you can do for the company. Some people also writing marital status, so don’t include this type of information on your resume
The introduction is always at the top and the short paragraph details by highlighting the skills or Expertise to gain attention to the hiring manager that is between 30 to 50 words. Don’t write an essay. Keep short. Intro example: smart-working with less time, Digital marketing specialist has the experience of about three years plus and the Fast learner.
The work Experience defines the work history of the person. This is a vital section of your resume. the information is in these sections as:
- Job Title: what is your position in the company
- Company Name, Place, About the company: company name is important and after the place also important. If your company not well known then the company details are mandatory.
- Dates: This defines your experience. How much experience do you have? You have to mention the joining date -end date. Write some words about your experience in that company like, how you manage, after joining what changes you do, what projects you start and how you handle. You can write what is in your mind, remember one thing don’t write which defines you negatively in that company. Write a minimum of 2-6 bullets point of your duties, projects, achievement, and also what you learn from that company.
One strategy is to make your experience section better what changes occur after you joined the company. If you are students no need to worry, you can mention your internship or Volunteering in the college or non-profitable organization. If you don’t have an internship or Volunteering no need to worry, you can keep this section empty and focus all the other sections properly.
The most common mistake in the work experience sections is what your responsibilities are in the company. This mistake makes many people. So mention your responsibilities in the company. If you have more than five years of work experience, you have to generate a CV, which is two pages.
The skill sections define the personal identity for a particular skill which do you know the most mean you are an expert in that skill. Hiring managers are looking at the skills of the individual. Write your talent in a manner that catches the eye of the hiring manager—skills written on a resume that doesn’t prove. For Example, you are the digital marketing expert, you know Web development this is catching the eye of the hiring managers. Make sure you know web development. If you fill the wrong details, you can lose the Job soon.
We discuss in details. I recommended you to write at least 8 skills in a resume which you know well. Every company thinking they get a skilful Employee.
Here a list of skills in a resume:
- Front End Development
- Back End Development
- Software Development
- Digital Marketing Specialist
- Social Media Marketing Specialist
- Gui Design
- Android App Development by Java
- Apple App Development by Swift
- Networking Expert
- Adobe photoshop
- Data Scientist
- Ethical Hacker
- Content Writer
- Accounting tools like Tally Erp, Oracle, etc
- Or it could be anything according to your field.
This defines the professional certificate, which will be achieved by the time duration, which proves that you have done that particular course. This is the important sections amongst all the sections.
- Example-2 The Medical field: if you have done graduation in the medical field you can do additional certified courses(like DMLT, LAB Technician, D-Pharma, etc. according to your interest) which will boost your profile.
- This all is based on your industry where you won’t job. So research deeply on the Industries where you want to do a job. Don’t miss the opportunity.
Now, Education is less important. If you have a particular skill or work experience, it’s enough for you—educations qualification placing at the downside of the resume.
Details of the resume sections:
- The names of your university
- Location of the colleges (city, state)
- Date of graduation starts to ends (month, year)
- Date of Masters, if their (month, year)
- Score (only include if your score is high if your score is average no need to mention it in your resume.)
This section is providing proof of your abilities. Adding your awards or other rewards from the organization or company helps you to complete all the participants for jobs. Some are giving awards like Best Salesman award, best business management award, best marketer award, Best helper awards, etc. is based on the company size or rewards get from any organization for projects or any work. Not easy to get all these awards. It requires a lot of efforts to gets.
- if you don’t have, you can feel free to break this section.
This shows you how serious in your field. In the final year of the graduation thesis project is compulsory for submitting to the college. You can mention it here. If you have more likes on social media or have any blogs which have more traffic, this also helps you well. It looks attractive.
- Example-1, you are the Digital marketer or social media marketing specialist you can mention by modifying the Example in your way. If you give this type of Example, the company thinks the Employee can minimize the money in marketing and increased sales within a few days.
- Example-2: develop a strategy that gives me 5k pages of followers in 20 Days and 10k Instagram Followers in 30 Days free of cost.
- It is not hard to get all these followers. This is very easy to get so you can try it yourself, if you are not able to create this you can contact me in the contact form and ask me any questions. This is a good example for you to do a valuable project.
This section shows your interest in which Field. And that is beneficial to the company. This is the game-changer for your resume.
For Example, Interest like
- Etc it could be anything according to your choice.
10.Proof-reading Your Resume
Once you completed your resume. Read your resume over several times yourself if you require any correction then correct it. The final step is to read your resume by you and your friends. You wrote your resume. This is the reason you can’t find any mistakes in the resume. The best choice is by your friends, and parents help you find mistakes and also give a suggestion. If you did not find any mistakes and If you get mistakes, do correct them
Good News, your resume is ready.
Save your resume in Google Drive as a PDF and Word file if you don’t know how to convert PDF to Word or Word to PDF format. It is very easy to convert. Search on google Word to PDF convertor you get many websites. You can select the website to upload the file and instantly get a converted file. It is free of cost. Take a Print out of your resume and read it again.
Email your resume with a high-quality description and attach your resume and send it to the company.